IP Problems with Simultanaous Logins across 2 NAS - Cisco VPN3000

Lucio Godoy luciocfgodoy at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 19:55:49 CET 2010

Hi All;

I have Freeradius 2 setup with the MySQL database back-end and it is working really well with one Cisco VPN 3060, I also allow multiple logins from the same user.

But yesterday i have added a second VPN server and whole thing stop working, user gets authenticated across the 2 NAS, but i belive the freeradius is getting confused with the 2 NAS.

As a test I have edited the:  ippool.conf

FROM:

## The ORDER BY clause of this query tries to allocate the same IP-address
## which user had last session...
#####allocate-find = "SELECT framedipaddress FROM ${ippool_table} \
##### WHERE pool_name = '%{control:Pool-Name}' AND (expiry_time < NOW() OR expiry_time IS NULL) \
##### ORDER BY (username <> '%{User-Name}'), \
##### (callingstationid <> '%{Calling-Station-Id}'), \
##### expiry_time \
##### LIMIT 1 \
##### FOR UPDATE"

TO:

# ## If you prefer to allocate a random IP address every time, i
# ## use this query instead
 allocate-find = "SELECT framedipaddress FROM ${ippool_table} \
  WHERE pool_name = '%{control:Pool-Name}' \
  AND expiry_time = NULL \
  ORDER BY RAND() \
  LIMIT 1 \
  FOR UPDATE"

All worked well and then it stopped.

Is there any other place i have to change to allow simultaneus logins across 2 NAS, pls?

Many thanks

Lucio