RADIUS_CLIENT_MAX_WAIT does not work

R C rc_work at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 06:37:33 CET 2010

Hi,

I am testing my radius server with eapol_test that comes with the wpa_supplicant.

If
the radius server is down, I want the eapol_test to not give up trying
to talk to the radius server. So, i set the parameter
RADIUS_CLIENT_MAX_WAIT to 99999 seconds and the eapol_test timeout to
10000. But, still, it will stop just before the next client retransmit
that is in 48 seconds. Is there any other parameter that i should modify? thanks
for your help.

Following
is taken from src/radius/radius_client.c from wpa_supplicant.

/* Defaults for RADIUS retransmit values (exponential backoff) */
#define RADIUS_CLIENT_FIRST_WAIT 3 /* seconds */
#define RADIUS_CLIENT_MAX_WAIT99999 /* seconds */
#define RADIUS_CLIENT_MAX_RETRIES 10 /* maximum number of retransmit attempts
                                      * before entry is removed from retransmit
                                      * list */
#define RADIUS_CLIENT_MAX_ENTRIES 30 /* maximum number of entries in retransmit
                                      * list (oldest will be removed, if this
                                      * limit is exceeded) */
#define RADIUS_CLIENT_NUM_FAILOVER 4 /* try to change RADIUS server after this
                                      * many failed retry attempts */

Thanks,
RC.