/usr/local/sbin/radiusd -X problem

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 12:43:51 CET 2010

Hi,

> > The same Problem I am getting My Solaris Servers while starting the radius
> > server. How can I fix this .
> >
> > can U give me detailed explanation.

the output is fairly obvious:

> >> /usr/local/etc/raddb/certs/bootstrap: make: not found
> >> /usr/local/etc/raddb/certs/bootstrap: openssl: not found
> >> Exec-Program output:
> >> Exec-Program: returned: 1
> >> rlm_eap: Failed to initialize type tls

(then it fails...because EAP section broken)

okay - you need to have certificates to use EAP. if you
havent already installed a CA and a server cert into the
correct place (read eap.conf file!) then you probably
also havent uncommented the 'bootstrap' line.  this line
tells the server to make a 'snake oil' CA and server cert
(for testing purposes!).

as you dont appear to have the right tools installed...eg 'make'
and 'openssl', then this fails. to fix this either

1) install development environment and openssl tools or
2) put a server cert and CA cert onto the system and disable
the bootstrap command

alan