Information not getting into MySQL - UPDATE to radacct

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 19 16:26:56 CET 2010

Steve. Parfitt (Siphon) wrote:
> I can see the accounting requests arrive at free radius and it seems to
> be writing to the MySQL with an UPDATE method yet I never see any
> information get into the DB.

  This is largely a MySQL question.  FreeRADIUS is doing an UPDATE.  An
UPDATE to fields that don't exist results in... nothing happening.

> rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 10.57.19.30:1103, id=0,
> length=105
>         Acct-Status-Type = Accounting-On

  This means that the NAS rebooted.  The UPDATE query is trying to close
all open sessions.  It doesn't do anything because there are no open
sessions.

  There's nothing to worry about.