Multiple radius servers with the same CA

sphaero arnaud at sphaero.org
Wed Mar 24 13:29:55 CET 2010

Matt Harlum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible that make server generated a new CA etc?
>
> I'd recommend making a copy of the current CA cert on each machine and
> doing a diff
>
> Regards,
> Matt Harlum
>
> [snip]

You're absolutely right. I did a md5sum on the CA.pem on the production
radius and this new one and it is different. Now how did that happen?

I did a md5sum on all ca.* files and the .key and .pem are different.

It must have happened either by issuing make server.pem or make dh

I've checked the history of my actions:

   66  make server.pem
   67  nano ../eap.conf
   68  fg
   69  freeradius -X &
   70  make dh
   71  freeradius -X &

I remember I started freeradius while I hadn't generated the dh file.
I'm going to check the exact actions of the Makefile.

Rg,

Arnaud