How to crypt password in database

Paweł Pogorzelski ppogorzelski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:24:24 CET 2010

Hi

I have problem with password encryption in mysql database:
-----------------------------
*If i have in database:

1	test at realm 	User-Password  	:=  	test

I get Access Accept.
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
*When i have:
2  	test1 at realm  	Crypt-Password  :=  	test123

Then i get:

[mschapv2] +- entering group MS-CHAP {...}
[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
[mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for test1 at realm with NT-Password
[mschap] FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
[mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
++[mschap] returns reject

in my sql.conf i have:

       # Read driver-specific configuration
        $INCLUDE sql/${database}/dialup.conf