EAP (PEAP)+ntlm_auth doesn't send password by it self

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 22:52:09 CET 2010

Hi,

> As I had thought the issue with the EAP packet was the configuration of Cisco access-point. I solved this but now I can not authenticate against Windows 2003 AD using ntlm_auth. This is the complete log:

you didnt send enough debug log - the 'party had only just got
started'.

you say you have ntlm_auth in mschap configured ....but what about
thentlm_auth thats in the inner-tunnel - that looks pretty different

server inner-tunnel {
 modules {
 Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Instantiating ntlm_auth
  exec ntlm_auth {
    wait = yes
    program = "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --domain=MyDOMAIN --username=%{mschap:User-Name}
+--password=%{User-Password}"
    input_pairs = "request"
    shell_escape = yes
  }