EAP-PEAP - MSCHAPV2 option not working

dev nath dev_wip_bms at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 01:50:44 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to authenticate my xsupplicant with freeradius using PEAP option, but seems to fail with the below error message. Complete debug message is attached to the email.

[mschapv2] +- entering group MS-CHAP {...}
[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
[mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for peerless with NT-Password
[mschap] FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
[mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
++[mschap] returns reject

I have tried following in my users file

David User-Password=="freeradius"

---also

David Auth-Type=Local, Password = "freeradius"

Both does not seem to work. Please help me.

Regards,
Dev