EAP-PEAP - MSCHAPV2 option not working

inverse inverse at ngi.it
Fri Mar 26 11:15:26 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM, dev nath <dev_wip_bms at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to authenticate my xsupplicant with freeradius using PEAP option, but seems to fail with the below error message. Complete debug message is attached to the email.

> I have tried following in my users file
>
> David User-Password=="freeradius"

you left behind the third option, the only one working:
David User-Password :="freeradius"

On a side note, in freeradius 2.1.8 I'm having a *hard" time porting a
perfectly working pre-2.x.x peap-mschapv2 server to the new freeradius
concept.

The tls negotiation works but when it comes to mschapv2:
Failed to create a new socket for proxying requests.
ERROR: Failed to create a new socket for proxying requests.
ERROR: Failed inserting request into proxy hash.

This server is working on the arbitrary ports 1818 and 1819 for authz
+ auth and acct.
There is another server on the same machine working on the standard ports.

What's the usual meaning of these messages?
If I know where to look I might solve it without bothering anyone with
the complete debug output.
I already googled my way through the ML archives for there error
messages, without much success.

In pre-2.x.x versions of freeradius peap-mschapv2 is handled cleanly
and linearly, is there really the need to proxy the inner mschapv2
auth?
Am I doing something wrong? Most probably yes. Am I doing something
silly? Most probably yes.

bye
inverse