Help with executing accounting!

Mohamed Abdulla mohamed.abdulla at acs.com.kw
Sun Mar 28 05:33:58 CEST 2010

Thanks Alan, I will look into the source!

Tim, your analysis of ipoque operation is correct. IPOQUE receives the accounting request as a way to dynamically map a user/IP to a class (where combination of rules/policy are applied based on protocol and application user is using). What I am trying to acheive actually is not proxying accounting from NAS towards IPOQUE, but rather triggering it from radius towards ipoque upon completion of user authentication and authorization. Ipoque is a Layer-2 bridge where it transparently sits at the gateway of network to control the use of Internet bandwidth and usage (p2p control, streaming control, and many categories of traffic). Users do not have to authenticate to ipoque, and users are actually within the LAN on wired network, where they authenticate to NAS which then contacts server. This setup I am trying for a university for controlling users access to Internet, taking advantage of the powerful capability of ipoque to discover traffic and categorise it with high precision