Problem changing secret in clients.conf

Marta Jiménez García marta.jimenez.garcia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 16:49:30 CEST 2010

Hi,
Surprisingly yes, testing123 was still working....
Thank you for the idea... I have managed to solve the problem:
There are two raddb directories (at least, I have two...):
/usr/share/freeradius-server-2.1.8/raddb
/usr/local/etc/raddb

I was modifying clients.conf in the first one, but in radiusd.conf there is:
*prefix = /usr/local*
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
sysconfdir = ${prefix}/etc
localstatedir = ${prefix}/var
sbindir = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
logdir = ${localstatedir}/log/radius
raddbdir = ${sysconfdir}/raddb
radacctdir = ${logdir}/radacct

and having a look at this directory, I found the second raddb directory.
I'm a bit lost with this directories schema in Linux... Is there any reason
to have two raddb directories or maybe I made an error in installation?
Thank you very much for your help!!
Marta