Somewhat OT: Windows VIsta annoyance: sends local login credentials

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 17:11:23 CEST 2010

2010/3/31 Julien Savoie <julien.savoie at usainteanne.ca>:
> Sergio Belkin wrote:
>>>
>>> and proxy.conf
>>>
>>>        realm DEFAULT {
>>>                strip
>>>        }
>>>
>>> If you only have one domain this will work.  If you have different
>>> domains
>>> you'll need to setup the individual realms.  Sounds like in your case you
>>> don't though.
>>>

>> Hi Julien, file /etc/raddb/modules/mschap is as original one.  I use
>> no domain, only user+password. Sorry, but I forget the subject before.
>>

> Then you want to by default strip any realm/domain information off the
> request.  Information provided should be sufficient.

Really thanks, but the problem is that users use their personal
notebooks, they are students, not employees, so Windows login
usernames are not the same that  ldap ones. It seems that Vista wants
to use SSO and sends their credential before. Because of that subject
is somewhat OT, but I guess that someone here was run into that
problem... thanks in advance!

Open Kairos http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
Sergio Belkin -