supplicant winxp+freeradius+ldap

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at googlemail.com
Mon May 3 18:47:57 CEST 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 6:14 AM, Daniel Soto wrote:

> as I have read, http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html, isn´t possible authenticate users with peap (mschapv2) in ldap.
>
> when we use EAP to authenticate in ldap, only EAP-TTLS (PAP) works.

Its possible, but you can't do authentication with LDAP binds. For MSCHAPv2 to work, you need to store the NT-Password hashes/ or plain-text passwords of all users in the LDAP directory. The default attribute is 'NT-Password' and must be filled with a MD4 hash of the 16Bit Unicode encoding of the users password.

-Arran