openssl

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Tue May 4 22:13:54 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 07:58:03PM +0100, Alan Buxey wrote:
> > rlm_eap: No such sub-type for default EAP type peap
>
> yep - the default debian install doesnt have OpenSSL support.
>
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Build#Building_Debian_packages

No, only the default build of 2.1.8 from original source on Debian lacks the
libssl-dev build-dependency. The pre-built packages are fine, and that's
what everyone, ESPECIALLY NEWBIES, should be using.

Let me repeat the simple guide once again:

1.) Add Debian lenny-backports repository to your sources.list, for example:
        deb http://backports.org/debian lenny-backports main

2.) Update the package list, for example with:
	apt-get update

3.) Install the the main FreeRADIUS package from there, for example with:
        apt-get install -t lenny-backports freeradius

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.