R: rlm_ippool: No available ip addresses in

Tabacchiera Stefano stefano.tabacchiera at lottomatica.it
Wed May 5 14:44:23 CEST 2010

>How is FreeRADIUS supposed to know when a user disconnects and frees up the
>IP address from the pool if the NAS doesn't tell it? Anything else is not
>exactly reliable. If you have a user with a long duration session that lasts
>longer than your timeout the IP could be put back into the pool when it is
>still in use.

Ok, you're right, but in my case I know the client session can't last more than 24hrs.
So, for me it's ok to remove all *inactive* entries older than that.

But, as far as I know, this seems to be impossible with gdm pool.
So, what the "maximum_timeout" parameter is useful for ???

>The best solution would be to fix the NAS to send the packets or fix the
>network to make sure they get delivered.

Obviously, but I can't manage over that. It's out of my control.
So I need a method to avoid my pool being filled up by missing acct-stop.
Thanks again.

ST

La presente comunicazione ed i suoi allegati e' destinata esclusivamente
ai destinatari. Qualsiasi suo utilizzo, comunicazione o diffusione non autorizzata
e' proibita. Se ha ricevuto questa comunicazione per errore, la preghiamo di darne
immediata comunicazione al mittente e di cancellare tutte le informazioni
erroneamente acquisite. (Rif. D.Lgs. 196/2003). Grazie

This message and its attachments are intended only for use by the addressees. Any use,
re-transmission or dissemination not authorized of it is prohibited. If you received
this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete all the material.
(Rif. D.Lgs. 196/2003). Thank you.