Pending release of 2.1.9

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Thu May 13 18:52:28 CEST 2010

On 2010/05/13 12:57 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>    I've put pre releases of 2.1.9 on the web:
>
> http://git.freeradius.org/pre/
>
>    Please try them, and note any issues.  If there aren't problems, we
> can release 2.1.9 real soon now.

Builds fine on debian lenny using dpkg-buildpackage

There is a log of warnings though.
Small subset says this.....
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol radlog used by
debian/freeradius/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_checkval-2.1.9.so found in none of
the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol cf_section_parse used by
debian/freeradius/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_checkval-2.1.9.so found in none of
the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol debug_flag used by
debian/freeradius/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_checkval-2.1.9.so found in none of
the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol rad_malloc used by
debian/freeradius/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_checkval-2.1.9.so found in none of
the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol log_debug used by
debian/freeradius/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_checkval-2.1.9.so found in none of
the libraries.

The warnings above also happen for other modules.
rlm_mysql
rlm_pam
rlm_dbm
etc......

After building I end up with various packages.

freeradius-common
freeradius-mysql
etc....

When building previous versions (tried 2.1.7), the "packages" were different.
freeradius    (note - no "-common")
freeradius-mysql
etc....

I realise the official debian packages has a "freeradius" and a
"freeradius-common", but the debian packages built from source never had a
"-common".

When installing 2.1.9, I installed the "-common" instead of the non
"-common" one.  When trying to install freeradius-mysql afterwards, it
complained about not finding dependency "freeradius" (without -common).

There is something "wrong" with the package names.

Also, the version in debian/changelog still contains "git".

Hope that helps.

--

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC