Authentication with existing MySQL database

Quentin Smith quentin.smith at gmail.com
Mon May 17 19:24:02 CEST 2010

> Alan DeKok wrote:

>>  > Read the rest of the debug output.  Which files is it reading?  Which
>> > one contains the SQL configuration?  Which one did you edit?
>>
>>     I edited the sql.conf file, which was the file being read.
>

>>  >> I'm guessing the SQL query error is related to the fact that
>>
>>  > You edited it locally.  The default configuration doesn't have this
>> issue.
>>
>> > Find out which file was edited, and fix it.
>>

>    > Alan DeKok.

       After some closer inspection, I discovered the problem. In order to
have
       the default configuration available for reference purposes, I had
simply
       commented out the following line:

        authorize_check_query = "SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op \

        and replaced it with the following line:

        authorize_check_query = "SELECT id, name as UserName, 'NT-Password'
as Attribute, nthashpass as Value, ':=' as op \

        However, I didn't realize that commenting the line didn't prevent
the
        escaping of the return character at the end of the line, effectively

        commenting out the following lines as well. Deleting the backslash
        fixed the problem, and it now works as I intended.

        Thanks for the reply.

--
Quentin Smith