ISG DHCP relay

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 18 15:18:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

> And it works. At least for CPE devices. But, CM and MTA devices need tftp server name and tftp file name. My problem is, and i have searched for more than 15 days, how or even if possible, to use freeradius to send BOOTP parameters to cisco. Since i wasn't able to find anything about that on cisco site i was just asking if anyone has ever done something similar to help me. I wasn't asking how would i do that in freeradius or am i able to do that in freeradius. I know freeradius is capable of that. I just don't know where to look. I was searching for "cisco isg bootp freeradius avpairs" and lot more different searches on google but nothing usable came up.
> I am sorry for misunderstanding, i wasn't being rude, just out of options. Since, in my project i will use freeradius i thought that someone else did the same thing before me and because of that i have asked a question here.

ah right. fundamentally you are after the return attributes or VSAs that are
needed for you to communicate TFTP server name etc to the ISG for
a particular MAC address.

we/you now assume that you can actually DO this with the ISG kit you mentioned
and thats it has that function...it might have...it might have with the next
release if you have a cisco support contract and lean on the right people...or
it might not have...

I would assume, this being cisco kit, that it doesnt have that functionality and
you have to do this in a round about way - eg define the IP pool defintion or
IP address pool and have your DHCP server hand out tftp-server and filename etc
in that pool.

crude but it'd work  :-|

actually, you might be able to do it slightly better - using option 82 circuit-id
in the RADIUS....then if you have a good DHCP server - eg ISC DHCPD, you could
sent the correct attributes if that id matches.

(yes yes....you could also use the DHCP code in FreeRADIUS to do that too!  ;-) )

alan

PS http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sb/isg/coa/guide/isgcaapa.html