COA have I understood it correctly?

Simon Earthrowl (Eseye) searthrowl at eseye.com
Tue May 18 18:59:49 CEST 2010

Hi all,
Having gone though many of the postings concerning COA, I (hope) I have
a better understanding - so please be patient with me.

What I wanted: to send a Packet of Disconnect (PoD) to my Radius server,
which in turn would send (proxy) a PoD to the appropriate NAS.

What I think I understand: FreeRadius 2.1.8 doesn't do the proxy - is
that correct?
                                           I can send the PoD packet
directly to the NAS (assuming network acl's etc. let me, and I'm on the
Radius server IP)

Or am I just terribly confused?

Kind regards

Simon