Building and sending Acct packets

Stefan A. a.freeradius at premit.de
Thu May 20 14:00:24 CEST 2010

I have some use cases, where I have to send an Accounting packet to an
RADIUS Accounting Server to provision the user on this server. The trigger
for that accounting packet must not be necessarily an accounting packet,
coming from a NAS. It might also be a RADIUS Access Request.

I will build the packet, only containing the

             Acct-status-type = start

             Calling-station-id = <what I got from NAS>

             Filter-id = something

And all the things, needed by rfc, like the acct-session-id.

So for me, the best option would be to configure a line like

             provison_serverA

What would be the module, I have to configure for that reason?

My Process does not require me, to wail for an ACK, to go on. What would be
a configuration option for this?

Thank You.