FW: MS AD / OpenLDAP with PAP - is it really not possible ?

Pawel Cieplinski pcieplinski at proximetry.pl
Thu May 20 14:34:15 CEST 2010

Hello

I have got application that allow only to authenticate using PAP method. My Goal would bo to use Active Directory as a abckend User Database, but I found that:

"Once the PAP authentication test has been successful, the next step for sites using Active Directory is to configure the system to perform user authentication against Active Directory. The clear-text passwords are unavailable through Active Directory, so we have to use Samba"

Is it true ?

The same page describing to use ntlm_auth instead, But I cannot found how to pass attributes from LDAP Database using ntlm_auth to Radius Client.

Is it possible to reply attributes from LDAP using ntlm_auth ?

Best Regars
Pawel.