RADDB 2.1.7 and /etc/shadow

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun May 23 07:47:27 CEST 2010

sbchem wrote:
> you and John Dennis both mentioned PAM so I went ahead and commented out the
> passwd entires and  I am now looking at PAM per your suggestion.
>
> Installed the pam-radius client per
> http://freeradius.org/pam_radius_auth/

  Uh... no.  PLease *read* the documentation for pam_radius_auth.  It
allows *other* programs to use RADIUS for authentication.  It is *not*
what you want.

> Created the file /etc/raddb/server and uncommented pam from
> sites-enabled/default.

  Please read the PAM module configuration: raddb/modules/pam

  It explains how to get PAM working with the server.

  The server includes documentation.  If you're configuring a module, it
wouldn't hurt to read the configuration file and the documentation for it.