incorrect static ip sometimes

Jeff Stockett jstockett at molalla.net
Mon May 24 20:53:58 CEST 2010

 I'm using CentOS 5.4 and freeradius1.3 with a mysql backend with a redback
se800 access device. Nearly everything has been working great, but I have a
problem periodically, where DSL modems will receive the wrong static IP.
It appears that if a customer power cycles their DSL modem, the modem
comes back up before the redback has realized the previous session has
ended , but instead of just failing, freeradius is giving another static
IP (like the next free one it finds in same static range).  Do I need to
configure simultaneous use and if so how do I get it to check the redback
(I couldn't find any mibs for that model) or is this maybe a problem with
freeradius1.3 that could be fixed by upgrading to freeradius2???  Any
advice would be appreciated!

 Thanks,  Jeff