no access-accept with users file

James J J Hooper jjj.hooper at bristol.ac.uk
Tue May 25 07:51:03 CEST 2010

On 25/05/2010 06:30, Robert Wilkinson wrote:
> I feel defeated. I was able to get an access-accept result. During my
> attempt to use MySQL it appears that I broke my configuration.
> I am using freeradius 2.1.8 on ubuntu 10.4 server.
> Here is my freeradius -X debug output:

 >  WARNING: Empty section.  Using default return values.
 > No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:
 > Rejecting the user

Hi Robert,
   What do you actually want it to do, auth against MySQL, or auth against
the users file, both or something else?

At the moment it seems to be configured to do nothing:

 >  WARNING: Empty section.  Using default return values.
 > No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:
 > Rejecting the user

... so, its doing nothing.

I'd go back to the default config, and change one thing at a time, then
test that it does what you expect, repeat until it works totally as you
wish, or your break it. If the latter, revert the most recent config change.

... and the documentation:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO   etc

Regards,
   James