rlm_perl version?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue May 25 17:47:58 CEST 2010

Nicolas Goutte <nicolas.goutte at extragroup.de> writes:
> Am 25.05.2010 um 15:12 schrieb Jan Zacharias:
>
>> Isn't there a way to find out the perl version? I thought of "print
>> $1" but this does not
>> work as intended.
>
> Try using
>
> perl -V

Or if you want to check the version of the embedded perl interpreter FR
is using:

put something like

 print "perl version: $^V\n";

into myfile, create a perl module referring to it:

 perl perlversion {
        module = myfile
 }

and reference it in the instantiate section

 instantiate {
     perlversion
     ..
 }

restart FR and see the version.  Or maybe a bit easier, just look at
which perl library rlm_perl is linked with:

 frtest2:~# ldd /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_perl.so |grep perl
         libperl.so.5.10 => /usr/lib/libperl.so.5.10 (0x00007fcba8989000)

Bjørn