Your maximum never usage time has been reached

David Moorhouse (FR) freeradius at moorhouse.net.nz
Sun May 30 21:39:40 CEST 2010

Hi Alan

Thanks for your response but the easyhotspot volunteers have not been
able to help, so I'm trying to work this out myself - any help is
appreciated.

When testing using radtest, I get the same issues as when logging in via
the easyhotspot web based interface.

e.g.

user at server:~$ radtest voucher1 password 127.0.0.1 1 topsecret
returns
rad_rcv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=118,
length=70
Reply-Message = "Your maximum never usage time has been reached"

This only occurs for users where the check-name attribute is
"Max-All-MB".  If there is no check for this attribute then the user can
log in as many times within the specified time period BUT they can over
run their data allowance because the total number of octets (input and
output) is not checked.

To solve this question another way - how would I define a counter rule
that allows a specified number of octets within a certain time frame
(regardless of the number of times a user logs in/out)?  E.g. allow
100MB within a 3 day period.

Thanks

David