Problem with LDAP and SSHA password

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 16:29:10 CET 2010

On 01/11/10 14:59, Rafał Kamiński wrote:
> W dniu 11/1/10 3:56 PM, Rafał Kamiński pisze:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I configured Freeradius + Ldap and ssha Password like userPassword but
>> when I try connect I have this debug log:
>>
>> ---CUT---
>
> Ok - my bad :) I clicked "Send" fast.

That is not useful. To help people usually need to see the full debug
output i.e. do this:

/usr/sbin/radiusd -X | tee log

...and send the "log" file.

HOWEVER before you do that, look here:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

If you have {SSHA} passwords in LDAP, you probably can't to PEAP to
windows clients, the most common requests.

As has been mentioned, this has been discussed a TRULY ENORMOUS AMOUNT
OF TIMES in the past on this list. Please do some googling first.