Building freeradius from source

Nirmal Guhan vavatutu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 03:53:52 CET 2010

Hi,

Am trying to compile freeradius (freeradius-server-2.1.10) for my own
distro (based on 2.6.32 kernel from kernel.org) and running into
compilation errors. :

libtool: link: `rlm_eap_md5.lo' is not a valid libtool object
gmake[9]: *** [rlm_eap_md5.la] Error 1

Please let me know a way to fix this.

Also, radiusd seems to be pulling in many shared libraries. Do I need
to compile them from source myself or are there any short cuts (if
someone has tried this before) ? I know compiling it for Fedora or a
similar distro is easier but unfortunately that won't help me.

Note that I just need simple password (cleartext) based authentication
leaving out the crypto stuff.

Thanks,
Nirmal