PEAP w/ freeradius to LDAP storing ntPassword not working - resolved

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 21:16:32 CET 2010

I am able to have peap/mschpv2 work with ldap nt hash.

radtest -t mschap will not work for peap/mschapv2, the real windows
supplicant, wireless access point will work.

The format in ldap is not relevant, w/ or w/o the preceding 0x will work.

The configuration I changed from default are the following
clients.conf to add testing AP ip and secret
eap.conf to add the real certificate thing etc.
modules/ldap to add the ldap proxy account information.
site-enabled/inner-tunnel - uncomment the ldap line in authorize
  authorize {
 	#
	#  The ldap module will set Auth-Type to LDAP if it has not
	#  already been set
	ldap
  }

Now whenever I try to have a virtual server for another instance, then
it will have the same error as before.

Then I copied the site-enabled/default content and put them within the
virtual server, it's working again. I then try to reduce to the
minimum necessary configuration, the following is for the virtual
server to work

server ldap_ntpassword_1814 {
   listen {
        type = auth