freeradius on ubuntu

Jia Fang (Matthew) jiafang at vip.qq.com
Thu Nov 18 00:33:20 CET 2010

Hello

I am lost in  Freeradius on Ubuntu....

I want to use peap authentication in ubuntu  platform, but it seems that the rlm_eap_tls.so has license problem and not built  in the ubuntu freeradius, then I try to build the source code and find that in  hardy 8.04, it need the debhelper version >=6.04.

Then i donwload the  debhelpler 8.00 and try to make it a deb package by  using:

matt at radius:~/debhelper$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set  CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default  value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g  -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value:  -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage: source package  debhelper
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 8.0.0
dpkg-buildpackage:  source changed by Joey Hess <joeyh at debian.org>
dpkg-buildpackage:  host architecture i386
fakeroot debian/rules clean
./run dh clean
Undefined subroutine &Getopt::Long::GetOptionsFromArray called at  /home/matt/debhelper/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Getopt.pm line 156.
make: ***  [clean] Error 255
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules clean  gave error exit status 2

How can I have rlm_eap_tls.so on Ubuntu platform?

thanks!!!!!

 Best Regards
 Matthew (方嘉)