Lost package after use FreeRadius

Jason Hodges jhodges at pocket.com
Fri Nov 19 18:40:58 CET 2010

Hi Robin,

Have FreeRadius mirror the Access-Accept (plus reply-attributes) of your
Mikrotik radius server.  You should be able to do a tcpdump (or snoop if
it's on Solaris) to see the authentication messaging.  Perhaps your
Mikrotik radius server is setting some network-level parameters in the
access-accept.  If it is, you'll want FreeRadius to have the same
behavior.

As long as the access-accept and reply-attributes are the same, it
should not matter which radius server you are using.

>> Actually, only about 5-10% users have this problem.

>From your description of the packet loss, I can't fathom how any radius
server could have that impact/result.

>> If it's access-accept attributes issue, why will not all users lose
package or not visit website?

If all your users are configured the same, then they should have the
same experience.  I'd lean towards network troubleshooting for the
problem you describe.

Regards,
Jason P Hodges