How to avoid to be disconnected as Lost-Carrier?

Robin freeradius at itpm.net
Mon Nov 22 14:55:58 CET 2010

Hi,

I have 200 users in a small area network (PPPoE, LAN network). I use
Mikrotik RouterOS as PPPoE server & use Freeradius as Radius server. I find
that some “Lost-Carrier” issue due to lost connection (around 8%-10%
users). I judged that cable had been interfered intermittently. But I would
like to keep connection instead of disconnection when the issue happened.
What do I set Freeradius that increase intervals or times of checking
communication? Because it were, users will avoid to disconnect and not be
ware of cable interfering when it happen really.

Thanks.

Robin Lu