Automatically Generating "Expiration" - Freeradius 2.1.9 / mysql 5.1 / dialup admin

mikal mpm at atceast.com
Wed Nov 24 07:50:33 CET 2010

What I'm trying to do is enable a non-technical person to create temporary,
"guest like" accounts using the dialup admin interface.  The accounts will
be created as needed, they need to expire within a predetermined time
frame(s) and I'm trying to avoid asking the person creating the accounts to
be entering "Expiration".

So how would I approach having the "Expiration" field auto populated based
on the account creation date/time and a predetermined account lifetime?  For
instance, creation date/time + 12-hours, or date + 1-day.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.