FreeRADIUS 2.1.10 regression in logging behaviour

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Sat Nov 27 11:33:20 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 04:53:40AM +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:
>   I understand that changing the behavior is unwanted, but is it really
> that much of a burden to HUP the server?

No, I already published updated Debian packages that do the HUP.

They also had to try harder to make sure that the HUP actually works - that
the unprivileged user can re-read the configuration. We may still get some
bug reports, but hopefully the users can figure out whatever is left over.

Just remember to write better commit logs in the future, documenting
all known implications of a change, so people can notice sooner.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.