rlm_sql_postgresql and plus sign

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Tue Nov 30 10:26:49 CET 2010

Hi list,
today I discover a strange behaviour with FR and the PG backend: if the
authorize_group_check_query query returns a value that has a plus sign
(+) inside the groupname, FR thread that value as unicode. I think this
because into the next authorize_group_reply_query query, it use the
'=2B' chars.

The log:

[sql]   expand: SELECT id, GroupName, Attribute, Value, op FROM
pppoe_group_check('%{SQL-User-Name}') -> SELECT id, GroupName,
Attribute, Value, op FROM pppoe_group_check('VALUE')
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_TUPLES_OK
rlm_sql_postgresql: query affected rows = 1 , fields = 5
[sql] User found in group G1+
[sql]   expand: SELECT id, GroupName, Attribute, Value, op FROM
pppoe_group_reply() WHERE GroupName = '%{Sql-Group}' ORDER BY id ->
SELECT id, GroupName, Attribute, Value, op FROM pppoe_group_reply()
WHERE GroupName = 'G1=2B' ORDER BY id
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_TUPLES_OK
rlm_sql_postgresql: query affected rows = 0 , fields = 5

Like you can see I modify the queries, but I can't believe that is this
the problem

Thanks,
Michele