dynamic clients and nas-type

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 06:00:59 CEST 2010

I'm trying to setup my dynamic clients and specify a nas-type.

In my dynamic-clients I have:

server dynamic_client_server {
        authorize {
            FreeRADIUS-Client-Shortname = "Cisco"
            FreeRADIUS-Client-NAS-Type = "other"

Then in my sites-enabled/default in the authorize section I have:

        update request {
                # NAS-Vendor is a local custom dict addition
        FreeRADIUS-Client-Shortname  := "%{Client-Shortname}"
        FreeRADIUS-Client-NAS-Type  := "%{FreeRADIUS-Client-NAS-Type}"
        }

To see what my Client-Shortname and NasType are set to using unlang.

But in the debug output I get:

++[request] returns notfound
        expand: %{Client-Shortname} -> Cisco
        expand: %{FreeRADIUS-Client-NAS-Type} ->
++[request] returns notfound

What field should I be trying to lookup to find out what value I set my
NAS-Type to in Dynamic Clients while in the Authorize section in my
default??

And as per the docs: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Clients.conf

Are the list of permitted nastypes valid, or can I use any string and do
further checks for it later?