WiMax VSA Support

Ben Wiechman wiechman.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 19:29:52 CEST 2010

That service profile does not look at all correct. It's a mixed bag of
pre-provisioned services and AAA provisioned services.

Here is a sample service definition that works with our ASN-GW:
WiMAX-QoS-Id  	:=  	101
WiMAX-Service-Class-Name 	:= 	DATA
WiMAX-Schedule-Type 	:= 	Best-Effort
WiMAX-Traffic-Priority 	:= 	1
WiMAX-Maximum-Sustained-Traffic-Rate 	:= 	512000
WiMAX-Reduced-Resources-Code 	:= 	1
WiMAX-QoS-Id 	+= 	102
WiMAX-Service-Class-Name 	+= 	DATA
WiMAX-Schedule-Type 	+= 	Best-Effort
WiMAX-Traffic-Priority 	+= 	1
WiMAX-Maximum-Sustained-Traffic-Rate 	+= 	20971520
WiMAX-Reduced-Resources-Code 	+= 	1

We're using Wichorus, but in working with other vendors and service
providers in the past who were using the Alvarion ASN-GW I don't recall that
there were significant differences in QOS assignment at least. Looking back
through my notes it does appear that most of them were using the proprietary
Filter-ID method of service assignment. Using the Filter-Id might help rule
out any strange EAP issues.

Studying the table of attributes in the WiMAX forum stage three docs (Tables
in section 5) also helps explain which TLVs are required and which are not
when generating the appropriate responses.

Ben