MSCHAP issue - [mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 7 09:29:22 CEST 2010

jon michaels wrote:
> I am attempting to replicate a test setup into production and
> somewhere along the way I must have forgotten something.
>
> I have an NT-Password stored in a mysql database and currently get the
> following response from freeradius upon authenticating:

  Well... if the server says the response is incorrect, it's likely to
be incorrect.

  Try using "radtest" from 2.1.10.  It can generate MS-CHAP requests.
If those also have "response incorrect", then there's something very weird.

  Also, try putting a test user into the "users" file.

  i.e. try narrowing down the possibilities of what the problem is.