Problemes with the mystic of freeradius configuration

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 8 11:53:21 CEST 2010

On 08/10/10 10:36, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> Hello newsgroup, hello Alan DeKok,
>
> I tried to solve my problem with Daniel Bertolo from Switch but was not
> success, so he told me to ask here.
>
> I want to configure a virtual server that always return ok to be used as
> probe for a load balancer (Cisco ACE). So what I tried was to just copy
> the status server and tried the following:
>     server tests {
> 	   authorize {
> 		   ok
> 	   }
>
> 	   authenticate {
> 		   ok
> 	   }
>     }
>
> Unfortunately I get the following in the debug output:

Try this:

authorize {
   update control {
     Auth-Type := Accept

>     No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

This is the problem.

> Another quest for me is to encapsulate the configuration for eduroam
> (including the users and proxy.conf(!)) into a complete independent
> configuration to use the radius server for more than eduroam.
> Unfortunately all tries to us a other file for users and proxy.conf only
> in the eduroam virtual server was unsuccessful.
>
> Do anybody have an idea how to solve that?

You'll have to be a bit more specific than that.

Also, this is two different issues in the same email; try posting each
separate problem individually.

> Ah, yes. Please excuse that I did not post the full configuration and
> debug output as there is many confidential stuff inside. If someone need
> special answers, please tell me and I will see what I can do.

We need the debug output, or we can't help you.

However - for eduroam setup, including example FreeRadius configs, try
googling for "FreeRadius eduroam" - there are white papers and example
configs.