Cisco LNS with Freeradius and MySQL

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 19:17:36 CEST 2010

On 10/18/2010 06:07 PM, Stephane MAGAND wrote:

> but when the user connect, that's don't work ...

See the FAQ for "it doesn't work".

> Second question: I use sqlippool for dynamic IP, if i want specify a IP
> to a username (static) what is the process ? create a specific group ?

You can assign an IP manually, and sqlippool will see this and do
nothing. For example:

authorize {
   files
post-auth {
   sqlippool
}

...and in "/etc/raddb/users":

specialuser1
	Framed-IP-Address := a.b.c.d

otheruser2
	Framed-IP-Address := e.f.g.h

You can use any FreeRadius module (SQL, rlm_passwd) to do this. Another
example:

post-auth {
   update control {
     Tmp-IP-Address-0 = "%{sql:select staticip from mytable where ...}"
   }

   if (control:Tmp-IP-Address-0) {
     update reply {
       Framed-IP-Address := "%{control:Tmp-IP-Address-0}"
   else {
     sqlippool