No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 20 15:17:32 CEST 2010

Bereos OHG Michael Spinnenhirn wrote:
> auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
> request: Rejecting the user
> auth: Failed to validate the user.
> Login incorrect: [guest/MM\250f\375 \241Ñ?\247\007\242Ë?i\316] (from
> client nas01 port 2 cli 00-0C-29-00-71-20)
>   WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password.        Double-check
> the shared secret on the server and the NAS!
>
> I allready checked the secret. It's the same in chilli config and
> client.conf on the server.

  That message is pretty definitive.

  I suggest *deleting* the client.  Then send the server packets.
Verify that the server complains about "unknown client".  Then, add the
client again.  This time re-entering all of the data, rather than
copying it from your existing configuration.

  Also try "radtest" (or radclient) from the remote machine.  There's no
need to depend on Chillispot config when you can use the FreeRADIUS
software to do the tests.