ippool and disconnection

Nick Warr nick at mobilia.it
Thu Oct 28 11:15:15 CEST 2010

We use the same sort of setup, have a look through your radius.log at
the same time that the unclosed accounting session went bad, you'll
probably find that you have a lot of duplicate discarded records.

We're looking into some solutions ourselves, as mikrotik will often take
requests from faulty clients and forward hundreds of requests directly
to the radius server without waiting for a response from the server
(though maybe this is just a weakness of UDP protocols). In mysql
cluster situations, this can be painful, as cluster sql queries take a
bit longer to complete than non cluster queries.

Null length Stop requests also cause this sort of problem too. For the
moment, we're going limit the amount of connections a single NAS can
make, until we find a better solution.