vlan assignment in radius reply when using eap/peap

Josh Hiner josh at remc1.org
Thu Oct 28 18:07:18 CEST 2010

Hello, I have working setups of mac authentication where I use mysql and use
radgroupreply to hand out the appropriate vlans to my hp procurve switches
based on what mac address is authenticating.

I also have working setups for eap/peap where I use the mschapv2 module to
auth off a samba server via ntlm_auth.

What I'd like to do is hand out vlans in my eap/peap setup similar to how Im
doing via mysql and mac-auth. How are others out there handing out vlans in
your eap-peap setups?

Thanks for any help and ideas! I use freeradius versions from 2.1.6 to
2.1.9.

-Josh