ask for help on WiMAX + Freeradius + Disconnect

Xiaochen chenxiaochen at emcite.com
Wed Sep 1 02:46:31 CEST 2010

Hello, friends,
As I met some problems when using Freeradius to send Disconnect Request.
Hope you can give me any suggestions.
Please let me describe my issue.
First I created a packete.txt for radclinet.exe.
The content of packet.txt is as:
Acct-Session-Id="00000001"
Calling-Station-Id="001E310008CC"
User-Name="wimax"
X-Ascend-Session-Svr-Key="0123456789"
NAS-IP-Address=100.1.6.5
NAS-Identifier=100.1.6.5
WiMAX-Session-ID="XXXXXXX"
WiMAX-DM-Action-Code="0000ffff"
After packet.txt was sent to AGW, radclinet debug window said: "Unknown
WiMAX-Session -ID or Unknown WiMAX-DM-Action-Code "

WiMAX NWG 1.3 says:
5.4.1.7 RADIUS Disconnect Request Message
isconnect Request message should be defined as per [28] with the following:

Attribute
TYPE
Description
DR
DR-ACK
DR-NAK

User-Name
1
The NAI of the MS as received during Access-Authentication.
1
0
0

Calling-Station-Id
31
The MAC address in binary format of the MS.
1
0
0

WiMAX-Session-ID
26/4
The NAI contained in the User-Name and the WiMAX-Session-ID forms a unique
identifier of the session at the NAS.
1
0
0

WiMAX-DM-Action-Code
26/60
Carries the deregistration action code from AAA to the NAS.  If the
WiMAX-DM-Action-Code is not present in the RADIUS Disconnect message then
the result will be to the same as if the action code 0xffff was included.
The end result should be that the BS sends the RES-CMD to the MS.
0-1
0
0
So I must add and make WiMAX-Session-ID and WiMAX-DM-Action-Code sent by
Freeradius.

Could you please give me any suggestions on how to add the attribute of
WiMAX-Session-ID and WiMAX-DM-Action-Code into the sent message ?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Xiaochen Chen @ WiMAX Test Lab
Beiing , China