Problem with rlm_perl

Nasser Heidari nasser at rasana.net
Fri Sep 3 14:48:57 CEST 2010

Dear Folks,

I'm using a perl module to record and save clients MAC address to DB. In
situations that cisco-av-pair is not included in RADIUS packet, I'm
replacing it with 0000.0000.0000. Everything is working just fine in
test environment but when running on production servers the recorded MAC
address for those clients without cisco-av-pair attribute in their
packet is not 0000.0000.0000 but it's a wrong MAC which belongs to
another packet received seconds ago. We even captured all the RADIUS
traffic sent form NASes and replayed it in our test environment but

I wanted to capture users mac address, so I've added a perl module , and
after parsing cisco-av-pair attribute , I save it to DB.
In normal situation everything works like a charm , but in some cases,
If NAS doesn't send mac-address attribute, I expect to save a
0000.0000.0000 mac address in DB , but no success.
There is a condition that I check if mac-address attribute exists in
request or not, if exist it's ok , if not it should update request with
a 0000.0000.0000 mac address.