Configure PEAP on FreeRadius using openssl.

Stephane Brodeur sbrodeur63 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 20:56:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to configure FreeRADIUS for the PEAP authentication method. I am using the following link to set up the FreeRADIUS server:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Active_Directory_Integration_HOWTO

This documents indicates that the file radiusd.conf should include the following entry:

authtype = MS-CHAP

It also refers to the utilization of the CA.all script

The version of FreeRADIUS running on version 5.5 does not have any entry for authtype = MS-CHAP in radiusd.conf file and does not have CA.all script.

Is there anybody kind enough to tell me if it is possible that my version of FreeRADIUS, do not know how to find it, does not need the authtype = MS-CHAP entry in radiusd.conf file

I also would like to know if we can used something equivalent to CA.all script and how can we modify eap.conf accordingly. Any information on what CA.all script or any equivalent is all about would also be really helpful.

Thanks
Stephane