SQL Logging Access-Reject

Kristoffer Milligan kristoffer at nextnet.no
Fri Sep 10 10:57:48 CEST 2010

Hello again list,

I'm still working on my FreeRADIUS server in connection with 4Motion
equipment from Alvarion. It's getting better and better and more
integrated, but I still have a few quirks I need to work out.

My main problem now is the logging part. In the post-auth section, I
have added some SQL logging. I am logging Access-Accept and
Access-Reject. My problem is that access-rejects are appearing
scrambeled.. Example:

| 50 | user1 at mydomain.tld                                      |      |
Access-Accept | 2010-09-10 10:53:36 |
| 51 | =7Bam=3D1=7D917341235F4283123A58E52B623D2790 at mydomain.tld |
| Access-Reject | 2010-09-10 10:53:39 |
| 52 | =7Bam=3D1=7AC00FA703F004Q25ED1EF4E3DCB5F4A2B at mydomain.tld |
| Access-Reject | 2010-09-10 10:53:47 |
| 53 | user2 at mydomain.tld                                        |
| Access-Accept | 2010-09-10 10:53:58 |

The SQL statement from sql_log module is:

Post-Auth = "INSERT INTO ${postauth_table}                   \
      (username, pass, reply, authdate) VALUES                    \
      ('%{SQL-User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}',         \
      '%{reply:Packet-Type}', '%S');"

How can I log the tried username in cleartext?

- Kristoffer Milligan