After server rebuild the PEAP against Windows AD is not working any more!

Difan Zhao difan.zhao at guest-tek.com
Sat Sep 11 00:27:01 CEST 2010

Hi experts,

I'm getting really frustrated on this... I had the server rebuilt with
REHL 5 and FreeRadius2.1.7. It was running REHL 4 with FreeRadius2.1.6.
It looks like the server will send the last "challenge" and the client
won't reply anymore... The ntlm_auth part should be working right
because when I do "radtest 'gtcorp\\dzhao' <password> localhost 0
test123" it works fine...

Sending Access-Request of id 119 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812

        User-Name = "gtcorp\\dzhao"

        User-Password = "<password>"

        NAS-IP-Address = 10.26.105.105

        NAS-Port = 0

rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=119,
length=41

        Tunnel-Type:0 = VLAN

        Tunnel-Medium-Type:0 = IEEE-802

        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "3"

        Tunnel-Preference:0 = 0

However it's not working when I have a laptop plugged in doing
PEAP/802.1x with the same user account... The debug output is attached.
Please help!! Thanks!!!

Difan Zhao, M.Eng
Network Engineer
Guest-Tek Interactive Entertainment Inc.

Email: difan.zhao at guest-tek.com
Office: +1 (403) 509 1010 ext 3048
Cell: +1 (403) 689 7514

www.guest-tek.com

INTERNET  |  MEDIA  |  VOICE

The contents of this email are confidential and intended for the
recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please notify
us, and destroy all copies.