Construction of Response-Authenticator

Theresa Otte otte at cs.uni-bonn.de
Sun Sep 12 19:25:01 CEST 2010

Hello,

I use FreeRADIUS 2.1.8 on Ubuntu 10.4. For my course at university I
have to write a program in which I need to re-calculate the
response-authenticator
(MD5(Code+ID+Length+Request-Auth.+Attributes+Secret)). Does anybody know
how FreeRADIUS calculates it? Does it take the binary code of the
message fields or an other encoding? When I try to re-calculate it, I
never get the same Response-Authenticator as in the Access-Accept-Message.
I'm programming with Python and using the libraries of scapy and
hashlib. Perhaps anyone of you can help me.

Thank you very much!