Question about radiusclient

Ali Majdzadeh ali.majdzadeh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 15:53:37 CEST 2010

Hello All
In the radiusclient configuration file there is an option called auth_order
which accepts two values (local, radius). If we set this option as follows:
auth_order     radius,local
doesn't it means that if the authentication fails using RADIUS it should be
performed using the /etc/passwd file? In other words, if we define all those
users, which are not mentioned as radius users, as local users of the
machine where radiusclient runs, it should be OK. Is that right?
I have tested the so-called scenario, but it does not work. Does anyone have
any experiences regarding this issue?

Warm Regards
Ali Majdzadeh Kohbanani